Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oh the Weekend of a Bargain Hunter!!

This weekend was very productive and made me very yard sale happy!

THE DRESS. I saw one almost just like it last spring at a consignment sale for $8. I wanted to buy it for Olivia to wear last Easter, as her "afternoon" dress/Easter Egg hunt dress... you know. But I didn't buy it since it was $8 and I thought it was too much. So I kept thinking about the dress - for like 6 months. I really regretted not buying it for her. SO I go into Bethel Thrift Store (which I rarely go in) and THIS DRESS was hanging on the Toddler rack. I grabbed it and started searching for the size. It was a 3... it was fate. At this point I'm about to start jumping for joy thinking, "OMG! It's the dress!!! It's the dress!!! I don't care about the price, I'm buying it!" So I looked up at the sign above the rack and it says CHILDREN'S CLOTHES $1.00. I just about fainted. Seriously? a dollar. For a dress I'd been thinking about for 6 months. A dress I seriously regretted not buying. Oh happy day!!

THE CHAIR. We went out Friday looking for a recliner for our living room, nothing expensive since we will probably be buying a new living room set next year when we move. So we didn't find much on Friday, but Saturday morning, we went yard saling and found this big guy!! The couple was 65-70 years old and just so very sweet. The wife was sitting up on the porch trying to stay out of the action, while her husband (who reminded me of Ben) was pricing everything and taking care of the sales. I asked her how much she wanted for the recliner and she said $10, but I'd better ask her husband. I asked him and he said $25... I kinda laughed, just cause they were a cute couple - but I think he thought I was laughing because $25 was too much, so I told him his wife had said $10, and he goes "OK 10 it is then!!" So we got it for a whole ten dollars :)

THE PRINCESSES. Another yard sale we went to had 4 dress up dresses for $1 a piece so I grabbed them all! I got Tinkerbell, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and a Barbie one. GREAT DEAL, considering these are $20+ new in stores. They are a little big and have been worn but awesome for her to just play in and grow into!

1 comment:

MamaDrama77 said...

We are coming to your house to play in those dresses! :-)