Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Mickey Boat


Otherwise known as the Disney Cruise!

Yes, we've been back since Saturday, but I've been dreading blogging about this because frankly, I just don't have the energy. SO I will post just a few good pics (I took almost 1000)

& Here's a brief synopsis of what all we did:

Key West: Walked to Margaritaville, down Duval St., met Ernest Hemingway's bust, walked down by the ocean, and sweated about a gallon a piece. The heat index was 109 degrees. yikes!


Grand Cayman: Went to see the 500 banks (ok, not really but we did explore the financial district a bit, since I AM a Finance major), walked up the street right along the ocean, and rode the tender which is how I got some AWESOME shots of the ship.


Cozumel: Got off the ship without O (wow!) and went ring shopping. If only it were for me.... haha. No, it was for Ben's mom's new wedding band which her and I picked out a whopper!! Diamonds and rubies galore :) It's gorgeous. We shopped for the rest of the day, much to Ben's dismay. <

Castaway Cay: Disney's Private Island - LOVE IT. Got off the ship with Olivia, it was her first time to swim in the ocean and she LOVED IT! We picked up sea shells, swam, didn't really want to touch the sand TOO much. Then we took her to the nursery and headed to the adult beach. ADULT BEACH = HEAVEN. AHHH. I could LIVE THERE.


On the ship: Went to many fun dinners, hung out a lot on Deck 9 around the pool after dark, went to a Playhouse Disney party, went to the character breakfast, Olivia got to go to the "kids club" (Oceaneer's Club) as well as Flounder's Reef Nursery and Ben and I got to visit the ADULT pool (Quiet Cove - I mean can you think of a better name??). VERY FUN.


We also ate at the adults only restaurant Palo which was GREAT. It's something like 7 courses and they give you lemon sorbet to "cleanse the palate". Hello. That's amazing. Definitely will be dining there again.


All in all, we had a GREAT, FUN trip and can't wait to do it again someday!! (AKA 2012 when the new ships come out!)

Oh and there are 200 pictures on facebook if you are dying to see more! :)

No comments: