Thursday, June 4, 2009

25 You DON'T Know!

I filled this out on Facebook several months ago (in February), and saw it again tonight and thought I'd share with the "blog world" in case you aren't on Facebook or didn't read it. It pretty much describes who I am, I think! :)

1. I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. And sweatpants. I love me some sweats. I’m totally not into what’s popular. I like my style just fine thanks.

2. Sara Evans song “Low” makes me want to throw my hands up and praise Jesus! It’s my new favorite.

3. I found a church I really like and would like to attend, but Ben says they are too “free-spirited” for his traditional Southern Baptist self.

4. I am a hermit. I love curling up in my bed ALONE and reading a good romance novel. I would rather do that than just about anything in the world.

5. I am addicted to Disney! Those darn O’Dell people….

6. Music lives in my soul. I feel music like no one’s business. It makes me feel amazing.

7. I love those strawberry candies with the goop in the middle. I eat like handfuls every day.

8. I can’t do hair. My hair has been the same since like 4th grade, just different lengths. I seriously can’t do anything with it. Not even curl it. It just falls out. BLAH.

9. I want to adopt kids sooo bad! Originally, I didn’t want to birth any children, just adopt. But God had other plans. So now that I know I am mentally able to birth kids, I think I’ll birth two more and adopt two. EDIT AS OF JUNE09: I am unsure about having more children.

10. I take things really personally. Example: I usually cry if Ben hits my teddy bear or says mean things about him. Crazy right? EDIT AS OF JUNE09: I saw a tent revival tonight with a man preaching to only one person in the audience. I teared up. I felt bad for the preacher. I am sooo sensitive!

11. I love to travel, but hate flying.

12. When I was in 8th grade, I went on a double date with Ben BUT we weren’t together. He was with another girl and I was with another guy. Isn’t that weird?

13. Speaking of that movie, I got my favorite girl name of all time from it – Cadence. Which if we have another little girl, we will be naming her that. I wanted to name Olivia that, but Ben thought it was too weird. Now he kinda likes it?? He’s difficult. I think the other names I liked were even weirder and that’s the most normal he can get. HA EDIT AS OF JUNE09: Don't you dare steal my name! If you do, I will hunt you down and yell obscene things in your face while you are in pain in the midst of birthing the darn child. NOT KIDDING.

14. A lot of people don’t know that Olivia was born with a heart murmur, an extra valve in her heart, and an enlarged pump chamber. The valve grew into another one so it isn’t there anymore, but her pump chamber is still enlarged. We say that’s the reason she has so much energy!!

15. I used to be totally addicted to the Sims computer game. I think it’s because I love running other people’s lives. Ben totally agrees!

16. I love the new open hearts collection from Kay Jewelers. I am trying to convince Ben to buy me the necklace and the ring! They are so pretty and I just love the design.

17. I would love to buy a house with a lot of land, so I can have a garden and lots of room for animals. EDIT AS OF JUNE09: I was born to be a cat lady. That is all.

18. I really want to learn how to sew and also to cook good southern food. I really just want to be a homemaker!

19. I love scrapbooking even though it’s very expensive and I usually don’t have time for it. I have made 5 scrapbooks so far, and it’s been so fun!

20. The bravest and coolest person I know in the entire world is my cousin Hannah Kate. She had a brain tumor at the age of 7 and then started a huge organization called Army Angels that distributes school supplies to children in Middle Eastern countries where American Troops are stationed. She is amazing & basically a celebrity now in Knoxville!

21. I love decorating for seasons. Every holiday and season has decorations at our house! Ben is very nice about it too and just smiles and says, “That looks nice.”

22. I am allergic to a lot of make-up. It makes my face itch so bad!

23. I love Gulf Shores. We go every Thanksgiving and always go to the same places. DeSoto’s, the Oyster House, and Shake’s Frozen Custard. I also love it because a lot of my family is down there and I hardly ever get to see them.

24. I want to go to all 50 states before I die. I have been to 22 now. EDIT AS OF JUNE09: I want to visit all continents also.

25. I LOVE the Bachelor!! I watch it religiously. EDIT AS OF JUNE09: I am addicted. I need a 12 step program. Step One: Admit the problem... CHECK!

4 comments:

The Bates Family said...

I love the name Cadence! I won't use it though. Derek hates it! He agress on Sadie if he can ever produce a girl!

Natalie said...

Haha! Yeah, if the trend continues, you, Courtney, & the other Brittany will end up with all boys! In Ben's family there are 5 girls under the age of 5, so I don't foresee any boys in our future!

MamaDrama77 said...

Now, to be fair, I already knew a couple of those factoids. You're supposed to put down stuff that's not known! Hee hee. Who DOESN'T know you're a Disney freak??

Mia was also born with a murmur. At three months we were told she'd outgrown it.

The movie that inspired your favorite girl name--was that Shallow Hal?

Natalie said...

Haha well back in Feb when I made it, I think some ppl on Facebook probably didn't know about my Disney thing. && yes, it was Shallow Hal! WAYY back in 2001. I have changed the spelling several times over the past 8 years ha! From Cadence, to Kadence, to Kadynce, to Kaydynce, and back to Cadence. I just think the name is so much prettier when spelled like the musical term.

Last time we were at the cardiologist (Jan08), they said the heart murmur was very faint and had improved a lot. But her pump chamber was still enlarged so we have to go back in about 6 months to check it again. They can't measure her heart with her screaming and that's why they wanted to wait until she turned 3. So she would be more "mature" and possibly able to understand what's going on.