Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good Night Moon

and if you think I'm talking about the book, you OBVIOUSLY don't know my child very well. That is not a book she would find interesting.
So tonight I checked my facebook and saw that Amanda & Steve (The Medlin Family) were taking Connor & Mia out to go stargazing. So I thought it would be fun to let O go out and see the moon and stars and stuff...

This was our conversation:

Olivia noticing that the sprinkler was turned on: "OH NO!!! THE WATERFALL COMING OUT! The moo(n) will get WET!!!"

Me laughing, of course: "No Olivia the moon is VERY far away. It won't get wet. You have to get on a spaceship to go to the moon."

O with huge eyes and an amazed look on her face: "IIIII wan to go to tha moo... (then yelling in one breath) MO-MEE GO TO THA MOO. DA-YEE GO TO THA MOO. GANNA GO TO THA MOO. BEH-BA GO TO THA MOO. DA GO TO THA MOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I am laughing so hard I am crying at this point, but then she freezes, throws her hands up in the air and yells, "WAAAAAIIIIITTTT!!!! I GOTTA GET MAW-MAW & PAW-PAW TO GO THA MOO!!!!!!"

So then I explained that maybe someday we could go to the moon... which of course, she thought meant right now. So we get on the porch swing for "take-off". Then O grabs the chain holding the swing up and starts clanging it yelling, "CHOOOOO CHOOOOO! BYE BYE! I go-ing to tha moooo!!!"

By this time I am like rolling on the floor laughing so hard I'm crying. I didn't have the heart to tell her you don't ride a train to the moon. So after she decides that it's not working the way she wanted she hops off and heads inside yelling, "BYE MOOO - GOOD NIGH MOOOO!"

Now isn't that just way more fun than reading a book about a moon?

1 comment:

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

Hahahahaha that made me laugh so hard! She is too cute, I just love to hear what they come up with.