Thursday, June 25, 2009

Camp 2009

From Saturday to Wednesday, Olivia and I headed down to the North Georgia Mtns. for our annual family camping trip... otherwise known as just "Camp". We stay at Mountain Lakes which is about 15 minutes outside of Helen, GA.

http://www.mountainlakesresort.us/

Saturday we arrived about 4 PM and headed over to Mary's condo to see everyone and eat dinner. Olivia had a great time with Thomas, playing with his cars and swinging on the back porch overlooking the lake. After dinner, we headed back to the camper to unpack and play for the rest of the evening.

Sunday we were very lazy and hung around camp and played and then took Olivia to the pool. After the pool, it was our night to cook so I made our favorite Oriental Crunch Salad and helped Mom with the BBQ & baked potatoes.

Monday morning we went to the train museum in Blairsville, GA which Olivia thought was pretty neat. She didn't like that she couldn't touch and play with the trains, but it was an awesome place! After that, we went and got some lunch and then went back to camp where we hit the pool again and swam! She didn't understand why we would want to sit in the hot tub tho... haha It was hot!! Monday night we ate Taco Soup yum! and a storm blew over right before dinner... so we were ready for soup since most of us were soaking wet! Afterwards, we squeezed into Laura's cabin to watch Jon & Kate... :( very sad. and then discussed it.

Tuesday we went into Helen to eat lunch at Hofer's (the German bakery and cafe) and it was delicious! I had a Grilled Ham & Swiss on French bread with Honey Mustard.... I LOVE hot sandwiches! I also got an eclair and a Linzer cookie from the bakery that were to die for :)

Here is Anna Lauson, Me & Becca at the bakery.

After lunch, we met up with my dad and walked around and shopped for a little while before heading back to camp to rescue "Maw Maw" who kept Olivia while we were gone.


Becca & I in Helen.
Tuesday night we went to Mary's condo to eat again & then I ended up with a migraine so I was stuck in bed after about 8:30 in serious pain.... ugh!!
Wednesday morning we got up and had pancakes and then took Olivia to Helen to have her old time picture made... it turned out pretty cute!! She looks mischevious.
Then we made a SHORT trip to the Cabbage Patch hospital to see some babies!! Olivia had a great time and I can't wait to take her to the new one when it opens later this year!!
And here is the grumpy bear on the way home when we stopped at the Appy Trail crossing...

& yes, there are not very many pictures but I took about 120 - they are all on my facebook if you're interested!

2 comments:

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

Looks like fun! We went to the Cabbage Patch hospital when I was little and I loved it! I still want to go back!

Natalie said...

I went when I was in Middle School and adopted a Preemie baby from an incubator and it was sooo fun! I can't wait until O is a little older and will like it more!