Sunday, June 7, 2009

Me? Creative!? Unbelievable!

From the title you MIGHT can tell I don't think of myself as being very creative. I wish I was, but I am the analytical, logistical, person.

BUT we inherited about 100 new hairbows (woohoo!!) (adding the the 100+ we already had), so there was a need for more hairbow holders. I had purchased one last fall on ebay that is ADORABLE so I went back and tried to find the same lady again, and couldn't so I just decided to make my own. They do not match the original, but they match each other and I think it turned out really cute!

I started by going to Hobby Lobby and purchasing a paintbrush, two unfinished wood circles (99 cents each), 2 colors of paint ($1.27 each), 2 flower accents that were already painted (59 cents each), and ribbon.

I took the two wood circles and painted them. The picture was after the 2nd coat, but I added a third because I wasn't quite happy with just two.
After 3 coats, I added the accents with Beacon Multi-Grip glue.

Using the same glue, I added a long ribbon. I originally cut it about 60 inches, but it ended up being shorter...


Because I glued the ribbons too close together... as you can see in the photo below. This would have only held very small bows and clips.



So I tweaked it, by folding the ribbon back over so they were farther apart, making the ribbons shorter, so then her MBHs (Massively Big Hairbows, of course!) wouldn't fit.


& no, that's not all the hairbows either LOL, all Gymboree curlies, Holiday themed, and doubles are in a drawer. I think I have an addiction! :)

So I used some left over ribbon to make just a long ribbon and nailed it to her closet trim. These are the huge bows (like 4" or bigger), and there are probably 20 or them or so on the ribbon.


1 comment:

MamaDrama77 said...

Those are adorable!

And I thought MIA had a ton of bows!