Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Pink Dress

So do you know that the color pink just isn't in this year?? We (as in Ben's family) decided to do a pink themed night where we all wear pink and get our family pics done with a white background on our cruise. I have looked EVERYWHERE for a pink dress. Originally I thought we were all supposed to be in light pink so when I found an adorable hot pink dress on sale at Dillards, I turned it down and didn't get it. THEN I found out it was all shades of pink, but the dress was long gone when I went back to look. I looked all over Hamilton Place (at least 10 different stores) and went various other places around the mall. No luck.

So I went home and looked on Victoria's Secret where I found a semi-cute pink dress that was on sale for $49 but it was going to end up costing 70+ to rush ship it here. Thanks, but no thanks. It also looked more like something you'd wear to a BBQ or a beach party... not so much a cruise casual dinner.

SO I FINALLY thought to search Macy's online since we don't have one near here. AND I found a magenta pink dress that I personally think is just adorable. & it will be something I can wear again to weddings, etc.

You can see it here: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=364305&CategoryID=45781

I couldn't save the pic to upload it here, but it is very cute! & I think it will be good for the picture :) Finally. A huge weight lifted off my shoulders.

But ya know, doesn't that ALWAYS happen? They always have it when you don't need it. But when you need it, they don't have it.