Saturday, April 11, 2009

Dangerously Exciting Egg Dye Day

Otherwise known as Good Friday...


The day began with Olivia being kind of cranky so by 11:30 she was ready for a nap. I put her in her room and then went back over to my parents house to hang out with my sister. Ben was "in charge" of her. Apparently she did not fall asleep, and Ben was playing PS3 and didn't hear anything, but she emptied out her ENTIRE DRESSER in the floor. (As seen below) And she has a ton of clothes. It took me over an hour to fold everything and put it back. I was oh, pretty pissed to say it in a nice way!



Once she had taken a nap, we went back over to my parents house and started to dye eggs. Notice how dark it is outside... this was about 4 in the afternoon. An awful storm was coming (the one from Murfeesboro with the tornadoes and such), so it was almost pitch black outside.

Just as we were getting good and started on dying the eggs, the power went out!!


The storm started to hit and Ben came over and said the weatherman on News Channel 9 had said to head to basements/safe places to wait the storm out. So we left our eggs, found the cats, and headed down to the basement. Bailey was very scared and nervous. I felt bad for him. This toy was down there and it has a little lamp on it, which made Olivia feel better. You can see the look on her face as she's looking out the window at the wind and rain. She was nervous.

While we were down in the basement, Olivia kept asking what we were doing down there. My mom told her that we had to be careful because of the storm so she kept saying, "Caa-foo, Caa-foo!" She was saying careful, but it sounded a lot like "cat food"! It took a while to figure out what she meant!


After the storm passed, the power was still out so we finished dying eggs in the dark!


Just as fast as the storm came, it was over and light outside again, althought the power ended up being out for maybe 45 minutes.




Her hands were soooo stained! I tried rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, soap... nothing would get it off! So I googled (from my phone, now b/c the power was STILL off) how to get it off and they said shampoo!! So I tried it (in the dark) and it worked! I was amazed.


The END RESULTS:



These in the basket are the ones I did, the others are the ones Becca & O did.



I love the way this heart turned out...

No comments: