Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Monday.... so good to me.

Today, Olivia was on a roll.

This morning she was counting her Barbie dolls and told me there were "twentyteen" Barbies. Cute :)

Later I was trying to make the Daddy Barbie (you know - Ken) hold the baby and she said, "NO NO MOMMY! ONLY GIRLS CAN HOLD BABIES!"
What? She's stereotyping and she's two. Wait. That doesn't sound like it would fit right in my Managing Diversity in Organizations class. I did explain to her that lots of Daddies hold their babies, but she wanted none of it.

Then she took all their clothes off. Yes, all "twentyteen" of them. And expected me to redress them. NO. WAY.

Regarding getting dressed and her nightgown she remarked, "I not getting dressed. I wearing my nightgown ALL THE LONG DAY. I eating supper in my nightgown."
and that she did. I pick my battles and what she wears at home is NOT one of them.

She ate a pop tart for lunch and nothing else. Whatever. It's just one day - tomorrow she'll go to school and have a healthy balance lunch planned by a dietitian. oh and she did have a baked potato (with brown shu-ga on top - YUCK!) and green bean casserole for dinner.

She made a fun game out of leaping from the back of the couch and TRYING to land on the seat part. Key word: TRYING. Then she complained that it "hurt her booty".

She said several times, "Wake up my hair, Mommy!" I don't know what that means?

When we were looking in Becca's storage room for a few more big Barbies she found a Minnie Mouse umbrella from like 1995 and asked, "Is this mine?" I said no, that is was Becca's and she got this satisfied look on her face and said, "Oh ok. Becca shares with me." Hehe she thinks anything that is Becca's is ok to be hers too.

When she got into the bath tub, she looked at me and said in all seriousness, "Mommy I need to shave my legs."
Oh. my. goodness. I didn't say this to my mother until I was TEN. As in almost in middle school ten. Olivia's not even NEAR elementary yet! So I tried to tell her she didn't need to because little girls don't have hair on their legs and she could shave her legs when I felt it was time. She didn't like that answer.

Then after she got out of the tub, I was trying to get her dry and she was playing around and not listening. I told her to come here and started to count to three... I got to One...... Two...... then she whirled around and yelled, "THREE! COME SPANK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Oh darling. Where has my sweet little toddler gone?

No comments: