Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Big 6-0!

Sunday was my dad's 60th birthday so planned a big birthday lunch, which was kind of a surprise. It was funny because my mom was proctoring the ACT on Saturday morning and my dad sent her a text that said, "How is the test going?" Well she thought it was me texting her so she sends this list of things to do back such as bake a cake, get folding chairs, vacuum the first floor... etc. So he said he was not going to text her anymore during the ACT because she had replied with this big long list of to-do items! He didn't really question why all this needed to be done so when I walked in, he had the cake already baked and then I took over and finished the rest of the list. German Choc Cake

We did a "soup" kind of party with Potato, Taco, and Brunswick Stew :) along with various salad and sub sandwiches. It was soo yummy!






We had a great crowd and it ended up being such a fun day!!!!












He got some AWESOME shoes from Margaritaville... totally something Jimmy Buffett would wear! LOL I want some now!



No comments: