Friday, September 11, 2009

Favorite Fridays: Patriotism

I love being patriotic.

So in honor of the 8th anniversary of September 11, 2001, I want YOU to know WHY I love being patriotic.



I love our country. I love our military. I love being free. I love worshiping my God and not being punished for it. I love the colors red, white, and blue. I love being able to get an education. I love saying the Pledge of Allegience. I love singing the star spangled banner. I love being in the middle of a giant city and admiring historical places. I love being way out in the country and running through fields of sunflowers. I love remembering people who fought or thinking of people who are fighting for our great nation. I love the mountains. I love the beautiful rolling hills. I love the beaches. I love Washington D.C. I love traveling outside the country and getting back thanking God I live on U.S. soil. I love my grandfather 16 generations back who brought my Dad's family from England to Tracey's Landing, Maryland. I love my Mom's side of the family, the farmers who worked the land, who loved the south. I love having grown up in America. I love giving my children the chance to grow up in America, land of the free. I LOVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Times may be tough, but I thank my God I live here and wouldn't wish to be anywhere else.



We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.


Thank you to our Founding Fathers who had to courage to break away, to be something different, something more, something incredible.



My favorite patriotic songs... and don't tell me these don't bring a tear to your eye and make you swell with pride when you hear them.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLILrC7Y5L4


"Only in America, Where we dream in red, white and blue, Only in America, Where we dream as big as we want to"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzV32-KBxyU


"I pledge allegiance to this flag, And if that bothers you, well, that's too bad, But if you got pride and you're proud you do, Hey, we could use some more like me and you"


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIN3ustUw


"I gladly stand up, next to you and defend her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA"


This is about 9/11 in particular - I love it and it gives me chills.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-x9kMPauc

No comments: