Monday, February 23, 2009

Oriental Crunch Salad

So my cousin Cindy makes this amazing salad called Oriental Crunch Salad. Some of you might have tried it - but if you haven't, you totally should! Ben got the recipe from her and has made it twice in the last two weeks. We made it yesterday and ate the whole thing between ourselves last night for dinner and today for lunch!! (It makes a ton... so it's crazy we ate the whole thing)

Ok and for you picky eaters like me... please try this! The first time Cindy made it, I didn't try it because I knew I wasn't going to like it - but then I tried it the second time and thought it was ok... by the third time, I decided I loved it!!

Here's the recipe:

1 LB cole slaw mix
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
2 pkgs beef Ramen noodles; crushed

Combine noodles, almonds, & sunflower seeds in airtight container. Set aside.

DRESSING

1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup oil
2 seasoning packets from Ramen noodles

Combine above dressing mixing well and let sit in the fridge for about an hour.

Add slaw to noodles mixture and stir in dressing.

EAT AND ENJOY! It's yummy!

You can eat it for leftovers, but the noodles aren't as crunchy... Ben and I think it's good as leftovers! It's just what your preference is :)



Also on a side note: My grandmother is having surgery today... actually right now as I am typing this, they should be wheeling her back. Please say a prayer for a successful surgery and a FAST recovery!!

No comments: