Saturday, February 7, 2009

Who thinks I'm CRAZY?!

So I have decided I am going to make Olivia some clothes for this summer. Who thinks I'm crazy? (I am raising my hand) I went to Hobby Lobby today and got some cute McCall's patterns and they were on sale for $1.99 each! They are usually $11.95 each so yes, I got an amazing deal and felt like this was meant to be. Maybe making children's clothes is my calling in life... but I'll wait until after I make them to answer that question.

The reason I decided to do this is because I picked out some adorable outfits on ebay that are Minnie Mouse and they are custom made AKA very expensive... so I thought I would just try to find patterns similar to those outfits to make for Olivia to wear on our Disney Cruise. Goodness, just say a prayer for me.

These are the patterns I picked out (CUTE HUH?):









And I wanted this one but they were out. I will have to wait or order it online.

2 comments:

Josh Courtney Jacob Caden said...

You are braver than I am... there is no way I would try this out! Do you have a sewing machine or are you going to do it by hand? Good luck, they are cute little outfits.

Natalie said...

I am going to use my grandmothers. She will hopefully be helping me! She is having knee surgery in a few weeks, so it will be something to keep her busy while she can't move around a lot.